|The planning forum shall be an academic body inside the college.
1. To create an awareness of the need for planned development of the country among the student community and involve them in national development efforts right from the planning.
2. To develop plan consciousness among the educated youth in particular and through them among the general public.
3. To stimulate interest among the students in intellectual and academic activities by holding debates, organising discussions on economic problems and arranging occaional lectures by public men.
4. To hold debates, seminars, exhibitions and conduct surveys etc. so as to provide opportunities for the cultivation of the art of debate and public speaking among the students.
General Body :
1. Membership : All the students shall be members of the planning forum.
2. Any student whose name is struck off from the rolls of the college shall cease to be a member of the forum.
3. All the lecturers of Economics department shall be the Ex-officio members of the forum.
The Executive Body of the planning forum shall consist of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Joint-Secretary and one representative from each class. The principal shall be the ex-officio president of the Forum. The Head of the Department of Economics shall be the ex-officio vice-president
The Secretary and Joint-Secretary of the forum shall be the students of Economics.
Every student member shall pay an amount of Rs.10/- per annual towards the planning forum as annual subscription.
The Accounts :
The accounts shall be maintained in a separate Bank account to be operated by the principal ( President ) and the Head of the Departmint of Economics ( Vice - president) of the forum .
The planning forum shall receive grants from U.G.C. and other organisations and shall maintain accounts properly and is answerable for all expenditure.
Functions of the Executive Body :
The executive body shall meet from time to time and chalk out programmes and expenditure for the planning forum.
The executive body shall verify the accounts and submit its accounts to Governing Body of the college for approval.
The executive body shall review the functions of the planning forum and submit reports periodically to the U.G.C., University and such other Bodies as required form time to time.
The President (Principal ) can do away with election of the Executive Body and nominate in consultation with the Vice-President of the forum.
Procedure of Amendment :
Any amendment to these rules shall be proposed by the Executive Body and be approved by the Governing Body of the college.