N.C.C. (NATIONAL CADET CORPS)
The History of N.C.C:-
After Independence, the N.C.C. under the “Ministry of Defense” came into existence on 16th April 1948. It was introduced in Schools 7 Colleges on 15th July 1958.
The aims & objective of N.C.C:-
- To develop character, discipline, comradeship, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and commitment towards selfless service among the youths of our Nation.
- To create a human resource of well organized, trained & motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be ready for the service of the Nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed forces.
The Motto of N.C.C:-
The motto of N.C.C. is Unity & Discipline. The N.C.C. is one of the greatest cohesive forces of our Nation bringing together the youths hailing from different parts of our country and molding them into United Secular & Disciplined Citizens of our Nation.
The benefits of N.C.C.Cadets:-
The following benefits have been made available to the cadets
- Bonus marks are awarded for pursuing Higher Education.
- Preference is given to N.C.C.(C) certificate holders for job opportunities in Home Dept. of Central & state Govt., Indian Railways, Telecommunications, Paramilitary Force, Army, Navy, Air Forces and some Public Undertaking Companies/Corporate Sectors.
- For N.C.C.Cadets having “C” pass certificate with “A” or “B” Grade, no written test is required for all the exams. Conducted by SSB(Service Selection Board) of Defence Wing of Govt.of India. They will directly appear the interview.
Eligibility for joining N.C.C:-
The following class students of the college are eligible to join N.C.C.
+3 1st Year Arts, Commerce & Science.
Intake capacity of N.C.C:-
In this college there are two wings of N.C.C.having strength of 50 cadets for each wing i.e. Boys wing = 50 cadets & Girls wing = 50 cadets.
Care Taker Officers of N.C.C:-
- Sri Jeetendra Badamundi ( for Boys wing )
- Puspanjali Sahoo ( for Girls wing )