The Student’s Union shall be the sole tribune of the student’s opinion inside the college. The objectives of the Union are;
- To stimulate interest in the students in intellectual & academic activities by holding debates, occasional lectures by dignitaries.
- To hold debates so as to provide opportunities for the cultivation of the art of debates and public speaking among the students.
- To promote social intercourse among the members of the Union.
- All students of the +3 stream of College shall be the members of the union.
- Any student, whose name is struck off from the rolls of the College, shall cease to be a member of the union.
3. The following shall be the office –bearers of the union.
- The President (ii) The Vice-President (iii) The Secretary (iv) The Asst. Secretary
The executive committee consists of the following:
- The President (ii) The Vice-President (iii) The Secretary (iv) The Asst. Secretary (v) One class representative from each +3 class of the three years Arts/Comm./Sc. (vi) In addition to the above 9 class representatives , one woman representative will be elected by the women students of the union.
The Advisor and Associative Advisors
- There shall be an advisor nominated by the principal among the senior members of the teaching staff.
- There shall be an associated advisor nominated by the Principal among the senior members of the teaching staff to help the advisor in the smooth conduct of the union functions.
- The Advisor and or Associate Advisers shall remain present at ordinary meetings of the union. They will assist by their helpful suggestion in proper conduct of the union meetings.
- The Advisor may , if he is unable to be present at the meeting, request a member of the staff to take his place and such person will discharge all the functions of the adviser.
- The ruling given by the adviser in a meeting of the union on the request of the President shall be final.
- Any member of the union is eligible to stand for the post of President of the union.
- The President shall preside over all meetings of the union at which he remains present. He shall be responsible for maintaining order and interpreting the rules. His ruling is considered as final.
- Any member of the union reading in 1st year degree and 2nd year degree class shall be eligible to contest for the post of Vice-President.
- In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall assume all his rights and discharge all the duties.
- Any member of the union can stand for the post of secretary.
- The Secretary shall arrange debates ; give notice to all meetings held under the auspices of the union.
- The Secretary shall select the subject for debates in consultation with the President.
- The Secretary is liable to execute all decisions of the executive committee of the union.
The Asst. secretary
- Any member of the union, who will be appearing for the final examination of any course of the University , shall not be eligible to contest for the post of Asst. Secretary.
- The Asst. Secretary shall assist the Secretary in the discharge of the duties and in his absence discharge all duties.
The Vacancies in office
- The office bearers shall hold office for the entire session unless they (i) cease to be members of the college union (ii) voluntary resign in writing, addressed to the Principal (iii) or removed from the office as provided in rule 1(b) below.
- A motion for vote of no-confidence against any of the executive member who fails to discharge his duties properly can only be brought forward before the general body for consideration provided at least 1/3 of the members of the union sign a requisition with specific charge to the effect. On receipt of such a requisition, the Principal shall call for an extraordinary meeting of the Union to be held for that purpose giving at least seven clear days’ notice. Such a motion shall be deemed to have been passed only if not less than 2/3rd members of the Union present and vote in its favor.
- Office bearers who are appearing University examination shall be deemed to have vacated their offices by the end of January. If the President and Secretary vacate their offices on the above ground then the Vice-President and Asst. Secretary shall succeed them respectively as the President and the Secretary respectively.
- If any office falls vacant in-spite of these arrangements , it shall be filled up by holding a by-election subject to rule 10(e) provided below, if it is felt necessary.
- Any office falling vacant after January will be kept vacant. The function of the vacant office will be looked after by the succeeding President and Secretary.
- In case of the office of the succeeding President and Secretary fall vacant the Executive of the college Union will elect any member or members to the office concerned from among themselves subject to the approval of the Principal.
- Annual:- The Annual meeting of the College Union shall be held on such date as the Principal may appoint soon after the elections are over , where the incoming office bearers shall assume office. The Principal or his nominee shall preside over the meeting.
- Ordinary:- Ordinary meeting of Union / sister Associations may be arranged by the secretary in consultation with the President and Advisor and Vice-President. The Secretary shall be responsible for issuing notice of such meeting at least two days prior to the meeting containing particulars such as the date and place of the meeting, subject for debate etc.
- Extra Ordinary Meeting:- The extra ordinary meeting of the union /Sister Association may be convened:
- At the direction of the Principal.
- On a written request addressed to the Principal and signed by not less than 30% of the College Union.
- Or on the request of the President to the Principal justifying the necessity for calling such a meeting when this is considered necessary by the Principal.
a) In the emergency meeting, if the majority of the Executive member present does not feel the
necessary of Such a meeting , then the meeting will be dissolved.
b) If the majority of the members of the executive committee demand in writing before the
President to convene a meeting of the executivebody,then the President shall with the permission
of the Principal convene such meeting.
a) Amendments to any of these above rules shallbe considered in the Annual meeting of the Union.
b) Any amnedent effected by majority of 2/3rd of the student present at the annual meeting of the
College Union and approved by the Principal will be effictive from the date of approve.
c) Any proposed amendment duly seconded shall be given notice of at least aweek earlier.
a) During debate all general rule regarding debat and meeting shall be observed.
b)The President may call any member to order or ask any member to leave the meeting.
c)The Principal shall be the final authority in all matters relating to the Union.
14. Financial Procedure:
a)In the Annual Budget meeting of the College Union Executive Committee’ funds will be allocated to
the College Union and various Associations if they so desire except Dramatic Association &
b)Any subsequent amount to be drawn by the Secretary will not be admissible unless the voucher in
supportof expenditure incurred out of the previous amount drawn are submitted immediately
after the function is over within seven days duly passed by the Executive Committee.
c)In case of emergency the Secretary of the College Union can draw the money approved by
the College Union executive committee by submitting a requisition for the necessary amount in
consolation with the President , College Union.
d)The Secretary of the Students Union is liable to submit the materials (if any , taken from the
College)/Bills/Vouchers/Accounts of the expenditure incurred by him/her/,in the office through the
Adviser by the 31st December of that Academic Session.
e) An amount not less than 5% of the collections during a year shall be kept as reserve to meet the
unforeseen expenditure,ifany,and shall be Carried over to the next year.At the end of the
academic session of every year,the unspent amount shall accrue to the Development fund of the
college and will be utilized for various development work by the Principal.
f) The totalexpenditure on refreshment arranged at different times throughout the year on
Different occasions should not exceed 20% of total collection ofthat year.
g)TA and DA shall be paid at the following rates to different student representatives from the funds of
the different associationswhenever they are deputed by Principal.
i)Actual Bus/Train fere will be allowed, ii)DA Rs. 55/- per day will be paid.
15.The presence of one third members in Executive committee and General Body meeting is necessary for
quorum of the meetings of both executive and General Body respectively.
16. The opinion of the College Union may be taken in matters like excursion, magazine and drama
and sending delegates to youth conferences or to university debates that directly concerns the
general interest of the student.
17. As per the Govt.decision, the annual function of the student’s Union and other sister Associations should be conducted during the month of December only.